The library assistant will help patrons with their circulation accounts, direct patron inquiries (by phone or in person), and maintain order of the library collection. The library assistant will also participate in library programming, promotion, and outreach as needed.
- Perform circulation tasks such as checking in and discharging items, placing holds, registering and modifying users, and collecting assorted fees
- Shelve library materials according to Dewey, alphabetic, and numerical order
- Assist with opening and closing procedures
- Locate library materials for patrons or assist them in doing so
- Perform other duties in support of library operations as needed
- High school diploma required
- Valid Ohio driver’s license required
- Some post-secondary education preferred
- Ability to make change and type accurately
- Ability to work well with the public
- Proficiency with social networking tools and e-content
- Facility in use of the internet, Windows, and Microsoft Office programs
- Strong attention to detail
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Able to reach, bend, climb, squat and lift up to 25lbs.
Part-time position with 24 hours per week generally. Must be able to work days, evenings, and Saturdays.
Wage rate range begins at $8.80 per hour and increases based on education and experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.